Description : Uptime, c'est une startup tech sur la maintenance prédictive des ascenseurs, en hyper croissance internationale, qui va ouvrir 3 nouveaux pays et dont l'effectif de 70 personnes va être multiplié par 2 en 2022.
Année de création : 2016
Coeur business : Plateforme prédictive (PaaS) et une suite opérationnelle complète : Hardware embarqué, IoT, IA et Software
Nombre de collaborateurs : 70
Localisation : Paris - UK
As a Mid Software Engineer, your primary mission is to build the best predictive maintenance platform for our users, in terms of value and quality. One of three squads in our R&D team, the Customer Prediction Squad aims to bring transparency between end-customers and operations and helps maintenance companies make better, data-informed decisions. Within this squad, you’ll process IoT and field data to provide the most accurate insights to our users. Given the broad range of elevator motherboards and third party data, collaborating with data teams and data modeling challenges will be your daily routine. Uptime prediction platform engages various user profiles, technicians on the field, managers and end users in the office. In this context you’ll build, maintain and own our web applications (React.js), mobile application (React-Native) as well as our core service (Python) exposing a graphql API.
The Customer Prediction Squad is currently working with quarterly/biannual objectives following the OKR method.The squad was designed as an autonomous work unit with as little external dependencies as possible. Software engineers at Uptime have full ownership, from solution exploration to delivery in production – they are free to pick their favorite method as long as they deliver. For instance, in 2021, we worked on increasing maintenance quality with condition based maintenance insights. We also generalized the end user platform to small and medium businesses. Features released drastically increased product adoption by our users, with a great impact on business. In 2022, we will take on various new challenges such as:
- Build a public API to gather operational data from maintenance companies
- Provide a complete elevator usage/exploitation insight by processing a mix of IoT and operational data
- Make a brand new web platform for the end-customers
- Detect breakdowns as soon as possibleEven if squads are independent by design, the whole R&D team also meets twice a month to sync on technical issues. We take the time to share best practices, prioritize the most important problems and pick solutions. Tasks are then dispatched to the squads when possible. Members might be withdrawn from their squads to tackle more complex problems. For instance, in 2021, we partitioned our postgresql time series table for a better dev experience, easier maintenance and improved performances.
We strongly believe in peer learning and often organize hands-on workshops among the team. Furthermore, all engineers have dedicated time and are encouraged to work on projects that are not directly linked to the squad focus. In the customer prediction squad, you’ll work with Jean (Product), Armen (Design), Stephen (Software Engineer), Damien (Software Engineer), Luca (Software Engineer) and Thomas (Lead Software Engineer).
At each step, you’ll have dedicated time to ask any question you may have, the team makes sure you’ll get the right answers.
- Backend services: Python (main libs: flask, graphene, sqlalchemy, celery …)
- APIs: Graphql for core service, REST for iot service
- Datastores: Postgresql, Redis
- Devops: Terraform Docker Gitlab-ci
- Cloud providers: AWS, Heroku, Netlify
- Embedded stack: Yocto (firmware), C (software), MQTT (cloud com)
- Design the best data-driver solutions to improve our users journey
- Contribute to cross-squad tech initiatives
- Continuously suggest improvements for the stack
- Transparency builds trust
- Speed: anticipate to execute fast
- Grit: we never let go of anything
- Team spirit: we're all uptimers